The building was constructed by JP-Karagiannis-GETEM and houses the exhibits of the Archaeological Museum of Patras. The installed central control system controls and monitors critical E/M resources:
- Lighting of public and external areas
- Sewage and drainage pumping stations
- Oil and water tanks
Concerning the electrical substation, LV distribution and gen set , the central control system undertakes the primary management role by participating in the load sheding process in the event of emergency gen set operation.
The HVAC field includes:
- Control of the chiller plant
- Sequencing of boilers according to the load needs and the uptime of each boiler
- Dual pumps control for hot and cold water distribuiton
Concerning the AHU's, a special algorithm has been developed for air quality in exhibits areas. The processed air is monitored and controled according to CO2, SO2, NOx concentration . The AHU units include air washers. The air washer is a specialised device with a spray mist operating as a filter of contaminants.
The installed central control system Honeywell Excel 5000 covers 1750 control points and consists of:
- Controllers and module I /O mounted in 18 Remote Control Centers
- Integration devices Lonworks for the substation
- Control devices of temperature, pressure, relative humidity, level, CO2, NOx
- AHU Valves and motors
- Full monitoring station SymmetrE